Syngenta was formed in 2000 by the merger of Novartis Agribusiness and Zeneca Agrochemicals to form the first global group focusing exclusively on agribusiness.
The company has developed a deep understanding of plants and is fast becoming the world's leading agribusiness in a global market worth around 60 billion US dollars. Syngenta contributes to meeting the growing global demand for food, feed and fuel and are committed to protecting the environment, promotion health and improving the quality of life.
Syngenta is setting new industry standards in innovation and speed to market and is committed to:
Helping growers increase crop yields
- Meeting demand for food from existing land.
- Feeding another 1.8 billion people over the next 20 years.
- Enabling new crop uses such as biofuels.
Protecting the environment
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Conserving water.
- Adapting to changing climate conditions.
Improving health and quality of life
- Raising living standards for rural communities in emerging economies.
- Using plants and plant science to enhance the environment.
- Enhancing flavor and nutritional content in food.