Trigard® acts as an insect growth regulator and is selective towards beneficials. When used in alternation with VERTIMEC® , resistance buildup is prevented due to differing modes of action, providing the ideal resistance management rotation for vegetable leafminer control.
TRIGARD 100 SL FACT SHEET
Mode of Action:
As an insect growth regulator Trigard® interferes with the natural control of growth mechanisms within an insect, causing incomplete growth, stunting altered growth rates or failure to reach adulthood
Main Benefits of Using TRIGARD® :
- Trigard® acts systemically and penetrates quickly into the leaves. It specifically controls leafminers.
- Trigard® is rainfast due to quick penetration into the leaves.
- Trigard® is suitable for soil applications where it is absorbed by the roots.
- Trigard® can be mixed with most insecticides and fungicides.
- Trigard® belongs to a chemical class has no known resistance issues.
- Trigard® is safe to parasitic wasps and predaceous mites. It fits in well with IPM programs
- Applied to the soil, Trigard® has a longlasting effect and replaces a number of foliar sprays.
- Trigard® has low mammalian toxicity, so there is no risk to spray operators.